There is nothing better on a cold day than some delicious homemade soup to warm you through.
This butternut squash recipe is the definition of comfort food with every spoonful being packed with warm flavours, which is just perfect on winter days. The ingredients needed for the soup will not break your budget and it is safe to freeze if you are batch cooking for another day.
600G Butternut squash
2 sweet red peppers
11/2 red onion
vegetable/chicken gravy stock
tablespoon fresh ginger OR Easy ginger
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place butternut squash, red onion, carrots and red pepper in a single layer onto backing trays. Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 30-45minutes, or until butternut squash is tender.
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Add the ginger and a little olive oil, allow to marinate for 1 minute.
- Add butternut squash mixture to pot, and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in chicken stock and water mix using immersion blender.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. If the soup is too thick, add more chicken stock as needed until desired consistency is reached.
I hope you love this recipe as much as me, if you leave a comment below.