So this post is sooo overdue I was super excited to be doing this and then the next thing I know the whole post was deleted. So I am so excited to be finally doing this post! This detoxifying and brightening mask has been all over insta for the past year and I have been waiting to test it out. As I’ve stated a few times, my skin is very sensitive and as this mask is £39.50. I was not willing to purchase a tub just incase I was allergic. If you saw my December Birchbox you will know I got a tester and it was like a dream come true!
Sand&Sky’s Brilliant Skin Purifying Pink Clay Mask utilises natural wonders to instantly detoxify and brighten your skin. The secret ingredient, Australian pink clay, is the real star of the show here – it draws out impurities, toxins and pollutants from the skin unlike anything else, refining pores and deeply cleansing as it goes. To invigorate skin and brighten further, organic liquorice and old man’s weed (another Aussie gem) help to regenerate skin cells and stimulate cell production, gently removing pigmentation clusters from the skin’s surface. To continue this refining action, organic pomegranate and aloe vera tighten pores and soothe, stimulating collagen production for long-term firming. Brilliantly brightening, the pink clay is also complemented by kakadu plum and organic mangosteen to guard against free radical damage and create a defensive shield to deflect harmful pollutants. Impaired by absolutely nothing and suitable even for sensitive skin types – no nasties nor animal testing here! – this luscious, naturally powered clay mask instantly boosts radiance, leaving you with a clearer complexion and an unbelievable, youthful glow.
HOW TO USE
Apply to clean dry skin all over face and leave for 10 minutes to dry. Once dried remove with a warm wet cloth. Sand&sky suggest 2-3 times a week for oily skin and 1-2 times a week for dry sensitive skin. I found that there was a faint tingle whilst the mask was drying, but there was no smell or discomfort throughout the whole experience.
- My skin looked brighter – my skin looked even. I’m not talking about a massive change, but you could see there was a difference.
- Pores look reduced – again not massively, but this is a face mask it’s not a cure so I was happy with what I saw. After ten minutes my face felt tighter and not in an uncomfortable way.
- Available on cult and beauty bay – this means you can purchase in the UK without having to pay import tax.. I know how that may sound but I’m not a millionaire and if I can save a few pennies I will and I’m sure some of you feel the same.
- Organic and not tested on animals- though a lot of companies are moving towards this I do prefer using these kind of products.
- Applies smoothly- though it was only a small tester there was enough clay in there to get two masks out of the tester which is amazing
- Is a 4 in 1 mask – brightening, detoxifying, tightening pores and evening skin that’s a lot of punch for one product!
- Price- now for someone with oily/combination skin it is suggested that I use the mask 2-3 times a week and in all honesty I probably would it feels amazing… but that would mean forking out £39.50 every month or so on one product.
I hate myself for liking this mask as much as I do, the colour is adorable and the ingredients are all natural which lowers the chances of me having a reaction. It does everything you could want in a mask apart from exfoliate. Will I be purchasing this mask? …I already have. I will be going for a lighter coverage in foundation and I feel this mask could be my secret weapon for “nearly perfect skin”.
The full sized pot actually turned up before this post went up. Not only does it come with an adorable brush applicator which is soft as heck, but there is a ton of product in there so hopefully it will last longer than the few months I firstly predicted!
Have you tried sand and sky mask? What did you think?
Until next time have an amazing day.
Available to purchase from